Wednesday, November 4, 2015

MidWeek Mini: Coming Up Next


I've been thinking for a while about what to do with this site when 2015 ends. I started Fifty-Two this year with the goal of re-creating a habit of personal journalling and of using writing to bring meaning out of the ordinary days in my life. But having simply explored my own life for a year, I'm now hoping to make this space tell more than just my own story. I want to create a place that encourages an intentional life, inspires the search for simplicity and joy, and guides daily routines of Bible study and focused prayer for everyday Christians who long to see more of Jesus.

For 2016, you can expect weekly posts (and MidWeek Minis) to continue, but rather than aiming primarily to tell my own story, my goal will be to encourage readers to soak up God's Word and to spend focused time in prayer. Each week, we'll read a short passage of Scripture and we'll read it daily, letting it sink deep into our souls. We'll also focus our prayers on a particular person in our individual lives (maybe our moms, our neighbors, or our bosses). Along the way I'll share resources that are helpful to me, give chances for you to share parts of your own stories, and continue to stay honest about the ups and downs life always brings.


While I work toward that transition when 2016 begins, please consider spreading the word about the new Our Fifty-Two! I'm excited about what's coming up and I'd love for lots of you to be excited to start with me when January comes. Follow along on instagram for more sneak peeks about what's ahead. And pray with me that this will be a place of encouragement where together we can cultivate gratefulness, seek simplicity, and delight in the joy of knowing our Lord better each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment