Thursday, September 3, 2015

MidWeek Mini: Outcomes


If you've kept up with my (sporadic) MidWeek Mini posts, you might recall the ambitious goals I set for myself in early July. Since summer is most definitely over (we started school a week ago), it's time for me to come clean about the outcome.

Goal #1: Organize my filing cabinet.
Nope.

Goal #2: Clean all the windows in the house.
I did six of the twenty windows. It's actually a rewarding task, so I definitely feel driven to do the rest before too much of the fall season is gone.

Goal #3: Make grape and/or gooseberry jelly.
Yes! Mom and I canned nine jelly jars of shimmery dark purple grape jelly.

Goal #4: Give my wardrobe another purging.
It wasn't as thorough as the first time, but yes; I did go through things again and make some more cuts.

Goal #5: Finish Les Miserables
Nope. But I did squeeze in several other books at the end of summer!

Goal #6: Go to the county courthouse and get all the historic info on our house.
Sadly, no. This is still something I definitely want to do.

Goal #7: Try out Mint.com for organizing our budget.
Yes! This has been greatly helpful in organizing our spending and tracking our purchases.

Three out of seven goals is definitely a failing grade. The only thing I failed at doing, though, was meeting the self-prescribed deadline. I can still accomplish all of these things and they're no less accomplished if they're done in October than if they'd been done in July.


So, I hereby extend my timeframe for all remaining goals and give myself an extra four months. Maybe I can get them all finished before the year's end. Let's call them End of Year Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment